Gina K. Designs Gallery

Friday, May 4, 2012

Spring ~ New Memento inks!!!

I am so excited to have the new Memento inks from Tsukineko in the house!!!!!  I drove to my LSS (Betty's Stamping and Scrapbooking Room, a mere 45 miles from my house)  yesterday just to get my hands on these beautiful ink pads and bring them to their new home...sigh.  LOVE these new colors and just a little shout out for her store...she does have an online store as well :P.  Obviously, while I was at the store I also picked up some other items including some Penny Black stamps which jumped into my basket.  Two of my favorite illustrators are now illustrating for them: Laura Campbell and Nina Brackett!!  I was blessed to be on Laura's DT Layers of Color with them and thrilled to see this new door that has opened for them.  Here is what I made:
The background was stamped with Posies Slapstick Cling using Bamboo Leaves. I stamped Scented Message with Expresso Truffle and watercolored the image with some other new Memento ink colors on my craft mat.  Then I gently sponged (with Ink Blushers) Toffee Crunch and spritzed the with Matte Goosebumps.  The flowers were stamped a second time and popped up on small Zots.

Supplies:
Stamps: Penny Black Scented Message (wood mount) and Slapstick Cling Posies
Cardstock: Chocolate Brown, Green Apple and Ivory
Ink: Olive Grove, Elderberry, Espresson Truffle, Toffee Crunch and Bamboo Leaves
Dies: Floral Oval, Large Classic Ovals
Punch: Small Oval (SU) 
Bling: Want2Scrap

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day! 
Blessings,
 

8 comments:

Patti P. said...

Jennie, what a beautiful framed piece of art!! Love those stamps and the dimension you created. Glad you had fun shopping.
hugs....

jenny said...

Beautiful elegant card......thanks for joining us at Penny Black Saturday x

Jenny xx

kiwimeskreations said...

this is beautiful - love the colours :-) funny how those PB stamps just jumped into your basket - I am sure you must have NEEDED them.
Blessings
Maxine

The Other Patti Sue said...

WOW this is a jaw dropper! Absolutely stunning! Have a great weekend!

Lagene said...

GORGEOUS! Definitely a jaw dropper!

Theresa's Studio said...

Beautiful card and colors! Cannot wait to get the new colors!

Elizabeth Allan said...

Jennie this is a breath-taking mix of stamps and colors! Gorgeous design! Glad these stamps jumped into your basket :0)

Susan Holton said...

Jenny, this is incredibly beautiful! I hope you don't mind if we re-post it on our FB page...

Thanks so much,
Susan