Gina K. Designs Gallery

Friday, March 23, 2012

Happy Bird-day

Hey there...still cleaning out my craft room and managed to reward myself a bit (it is hard work you know) by taking a stamping break! 
I created some panels using scrap pieces of pastel cardstock and the stamp set Tweet of You from The Craft's Meow.  Just a fun little tip, I used the reverse side of the stamp to create the pink outline of the birdcage using Memento Angel Pink and then Black Tuxedo for the outline image.  The flourish bling is from Want2Scrap (love da bling).  
 
I am entering this into the CAS-ual Fridays challenge this week which was to use pastels and black.   I am also entering this into The Craft's Meow birthday challenge, the theme is "birthday" and thinking this will fit the bill.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day! 
Blessings, 

14 comments:

Betty Benton said...

Love those panels of pretty pastel colors, Jennie!

Darnell J Knauss said...

This is an inspired layout, perfect use of pastels in the panels! Sooo cute!

Suzanne Russell said...

Love color blocks-that's a great way to add the pastels and the black gingham bow "ties" it all together!

Lovely Linda said...

This is adorable Jennie - I am loving this new set of Nina's! LOve the colours too - perfect! {{{hugs}}}

The Other Patti Sue said...

HEEHEEHEE.... I reward myself the same way,get some work done and I get to play (0= Super adorable creation GF!

Carole said...

so tweet...sweet;)

Marlena M. said...

This is so beautiful!

Michele Gross said...

How sweet! I love the soft pastel panels with the gingham ribbon-scrumptious! Glad you played with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE it!!! The blocks of pastels at the bottom are fabulous!!! And your little bird and sentiment are so cute! :)

~amy~ said...

oh my stinkin' CUTE!!!! Thanks for joining us in The Craft's Meow Birthday Bash!

Lisa Elton said...

How pretty! Love the little caged bird and the panels of pastels!

Unknown said...

such a sweet card. your coloring of the lil bird is perfect. and the pastel strips make for a beautiful accent...great design :)

Karen B. said...

What a fun card, and thanks so much for the great tip! Thanks too for joining in the festivities at TCM as well as CAS-ual Fridays!

Lisa Minckler said...

SOOOO cute!!! Love the color scheme and layout. A really refreshing and beautiful card. :)