Gina K. Designs Gallery

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Gelatos and a STV Challenge


There is a fun challenge over on Stamp TV of CASE'ing one of the Gina K. Designs DT members and this week we are CASE'ing Carolina Buchting.  I chose this card of hers to CASE: Party Like Rock Star.

For my card I used the same stamp set Live Life Loud, different sentiment (from the set), added extra layers, distressing, and created a fun background using Gelatos.   Faber-Castell makes these neat little chapstick look coloring tools called Gelatos.   A little background..."Gelatos are creamy sticks infused with brilliant color.  The color glides easily onto papers and can be dissolved with water to create watercolor effects or left to dry for vibrant burst of color.  They are acid free and odorless." ~Design Memory Craft booklet
  Today I want to show how you can use them to create a fun background.


I used the orange, yellow and red Gelatos and coloring them directly onto my Tim Holtz mat as you see here...


 Then I spritzed the Gelatos on the mat lightly with water...

 Then simple enough, I turned my cardstock over and rubbed it directly onto the cardstock in a cirular motion.

 Due to the moisture, the cardstock curled a bit, however, once you dry it with a heat gun it goes back flat again.
 

It creates the coolest look :o)

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Blessings,

6 comments:

Payne Holler Cards said...

hi there! finally able to do some blog visiting...love your toot! I used the ones you gave me and love 'em!!! really are neat on dark cs too...
hope you all are staying cool! will be nice to have the kids home (-:

craftieodmae said...

aweosme!!!! this is incredible, love how it works!

Unknown said...

Jennie! Now I have to go buy some Gellato's! Like I need ANOTHER color medium in my craft room! : ) LOVE THIS CARD!

Unknown said...

I just bought every available color! I did the in-store pick up and should know by 11:00 am tomorrow where I can "rush" to pick them up! *smile* Can't wait to play with these, Jennie!

kiwimeskreations said...

hmmm - yet another thing to spend my $$ on - have not seen them here - yet!!
Love your card - it is stunning - really vibrant.
Blessings
Maxine

Celina said...

Gorgeous looking background. I've heard about the Gelatos and really want to try them some day.