Gina K. Designs Gallery

Monday, November 29, 2010

Layers of Color: Friends Forever

I have been so blessed by the friendships I have made via Layers of ColorGrace is one of those I connected with right away for her sweet and uplifting spirit.  Her love for the Lord and care for others has been an encouragement to me.  When my husband was in the hospital this past summer Grace  shared with me Psalm 73:26 which was such a great comfort to me (as His Word is for believers). 
This card was completely inspired by Grace...I used the Cottage Rose cling art stamp and colored it with Copics.  I also added a musical score since when I think of Grace, I think of the uplifting music that  plays on her blog when you visit...  Her blog is truly a joy to visit...I promise it will be inspiring!!!

Grace is stepping down from the Layers of Color Design Team and while she will be greatly missed, we know that she won't be going far :o).  She is a dear "Friend of LOC" and the entire LOC DT is looking forward to seeing her creative designs in the future. And I still hope to meet her at a LSS and have a nice cup of coffee :o)  Blessings to you Grace, you have been a blessing to me!!!

Be sure to check out the rest of the LOC DT for more inspirational designs as we bid a sweet "see you around friend!"

LauraMelisa Nina Linda *   Janice *

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you have a wonderful day!
Blessings,

8 comments:

The Other Patti Sue said...

So pretty... love the rose an you dp was a perfect choice! I'm off to meet Grace!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Gorgeous card, Jennie!!! And a sweet post celebrating our special friendship with Grace!

Maybe one day we can all meet over coffee! :)

Grace said...

Hi Jennie! What a gorgeous card! You have colored that rose with the most beautiful rich color! I love it! I have so enjoyed getting to know you!!! What a treasure you are to LOC!!! You are so talented and your love for the Lord shines in all you do! I appreciate your sweet words so much and can't wait to meet face to face at EC some day!!!

Thank you so much my friend! I will not be far away at all! I'm going to be the slow one running along with LOC... just a little slower is all!!!
hugs and prayers,
Grace

MariLynn said...

Jennie, this is gorgeous. I love how you have your rose with the music notes behind it. I can see the inspiration from our wonderful friend Grace. What a lovely tribute card!

Lovely Linda said...

Oh Jennie - this is lovely! I love how you were inspired by Grace and it shows in this work of the heart! Your colours and colouring are so beautiful - there is such warmth and richness here - your words are so obviously from the heart! You are a blessing to so many people Jennie - you bless me Sistah! {{{hugs}}}

kiwimeskreations said...

Jennie this is beautiful, and the card certainly reminds me of Grace!
Love your colours and the way the rose just jumps off the page when you first see it.
Thank you for blessing DH and me with the card we received when we arrived home on Sunday - it was very special.
Blessings
Maxine

Melisa Waldorf said...

Cottage rose is just beautiful in gold! I love the music paper in the background. I know Grace loved it to! Have a blessed week chick!
Melisa

Wordbird said...

Jennie..This is a beautiful card! your words honoring Grace are sweet and sincere. I just know she will love it!