Gina K. Designs Gallery

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

2 Sketches 4 You

I have to cards to share today that I made from the 2 Sketches 4 You challenge blog. The first one uses Kazan's sketch and the stamp set Fairy Tales. I can't seem to get enough of this adorable frog! I wanted to keep the card simple and used Kraft and Green Apple cardstock as well as some patterned paper from Garden Variety.

My second card....

...is for the Bonus sketch by Kay Sibley. I used Pure Luxury Ivory, Old Olive (out of Green Apple...boo-hoo), Webster's Pages patterned paper and a variety of stamps (Lovely Labels, Inspiration Mosaic and Elegant Flowers). I think the sentiment is so pretty and it fits perfectly inside of this label from Lovely Labels.

Personal note: Oldest son did GREAT at his scrimmage game last night! After his broken arm we have been concerned about arm strength but he managed to hit an in field homerun!!! Woo-hoo...mama gets so excited at games :o)

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope you have a wonderful day!



Card Deets #1 ~
Stamps: Fairy Tales
Cardstock: Kraft, Green Apple, Ivory and Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety
Ink: Vivid Olive
Accessories: Big Scallop Circle Nesties (small/large) and Ribbon

Card Deets #2 ~
Stamps: Lovely Labels, Inspiration Mosaic and Elegant Flowers
Cardstock: Ivory, Old Olive, Webster's Pages
Ink: Groovy Guava, Certainly Celery, Antique Linen
Accessories: Ribbon, Button, Thread, Sateen Flowers, Pearl Bling, Copic, and Nesties

15 comments:

Chelsea said...

I love both of these cards...they are both perfect in their own styles.

craftieodmae said...

both are absolutely gorgeous!!!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Both cards are wonderful! I really like the one with lovely labels!Yay for your son!

Kay said...

Both of your cards are superb! Love that darling little frog! Your second card is GORGEOUS! I love the label and sentiment and the ribbon is perfection!! I'm so glad you were able to join us at 2S4Y and played along with my Bonus Sketch, too!! ♥♥ Kay

Kathy Martin said...

Fantastic! What a darling frog! :) Kathy

JaniceAileen said...

They're great Jennie! That second one fits perfect in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenge for this week, too! :)

Lori said...

Great CAS froggie card! Your second card is lovely, great color combo! Yea, for your son!

cnelson said...

perfectly fab cards! love that froggie on the first one!

Anonymous said...

Both cards are gorgeous but I have a penchant for frogs so that one is my favourite...(cept for when they are pooping all over my windows!)

Payne Holler Cards said...

I'm lovin what you DO with that little frog!
and a big shout out for Dean!!! wooo hoooooo!!! bet mama went nuts! LOL

Betty Benton said...

Wonderful cards -- love that little frog!

Laura Davis said...

Great work!
Just filling in for Kazan while she is at her retreat!
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Jess said...

Fab cards! That froggy is too cute!

Anonymous said...

What a SWEET frog! I'm so glad you played along with us at 2S4Y!

Michelle Forrest said...

These are both sooooo cute but I gotta tell you, that frog card is just too stinkin' cute!