Gina K. Designs Gallery

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New style for me...

I had a great time this past weekend at the Stamp&Scrap Art Tour in Winston-Salem, NC.  Some dear friends from Virginia drove down and a group of us went to the stamp show on Saturday morning.  Linda and I got to meet Olga from Stamp TV and that was quite a delight. :o)  Olga even had a friend take a picture of us (and with her permission to snatch it) I have posted it below (thanks Olga!!!).  I have been to a few stamp shows over the years and I have got to say that this one was the BEST!!!!  

I saw these (new to me) postage style of stamps that I just went ga-ga for and loaded up on quite a few and I already see I need more!!!  The company is Just for Fun Rubber Stamps and they have some beautiful images as well as templates to create this unique look.  For my card I used Gina K's stamped set Tropical Blossoms and used a sponge dauber for my green background.  I am tickled with how it turned out and have another one to share tomorrow...that is the one with the fun sketch :o)

Just a quick note that there are some great blog candy giveaways: Linda has some as well as Priscilla Styles at Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge so be sure and check them out and get your name in :o)


14 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

I love this, Jennie! It's beautiful!

The Other Patti Sue said...

Oh I'm so jealous! We don't have such venues here in my neck of the woods! I bet you ladies had a great time! Your card is absolutely beautiful!

Becky said...

It sounds like you had a great time, I just love this card, it is gorgeous.

paige said...

Your card is gorgeous! I want to see more!

craftieodmae said...

Beautiful card, and look at those gorgeous women LOL!

Kirstin said...

Wow!! This is really beautiful!! I love how it came out!!

Selma said...

Jennie this card is beautiful. That is so exciting that you got to meet Olga.

Jaspere said...

Wow its absolutely beautiful.

Cat Tidwell said...

This is gorgeous Jennie! LOVE it! And what fun to be able to meet up like that! Too cool!

Tina said...

Very nicely done, Jennie! I love it! Look at those smiling faces... someone was having funnnnnn... *wink*

Christyne said...

This is STUNNING! The event looks like it was AWESOME!

Anonymous said...

WE haven't done faux postage in like an age....lovely card....and cool photo.

Payne Holler Cards said...

just gorgeous!!! oh sorry I meant the card :) but those women are hangin in there LOL
Linda

Tina said...

Wonderful card what a great design!