Gina K. Designs Gallery

Thursday, July 2, 2009

Crayon Resist Butterfly


I haven't made a card with the Crayon Resist Technique in a while so when I saw that was the challenge for this week on StampTV, I knew I had to try it again.  I am a huge fan of easy techniques, especially not knowing exactly how long I have to create (due to my little one's nap) and this was perfect!  In fact, I created two cards during his nap time and will share the other one another time.

I used one of the butterflies from Take Flight as well as some sprigs from Tropical Flowers.  I found some retired Basic Grey paper that I knew would match up fairly nicely with the retired SU colors Soft Sky and Blue Bayou so was thankful to find it.  I have noticed I don't have a lot of blue designer paper...how can that be?  I will have to remedy that soon!  Have a great day and thanks for stopping by!

17 comments:

Kristin said...

awesome!! but i actually don't know how to do it... what's the link to stamptv?? :-)

Stephanie said...

This is beautiful card, will have to check out how to do it after my company leaves.

Jaspere said...

This is beautiful. Love those colors.

Unknown said...

It's absolutely stunning Jennie. I've gotta try this technique, I've never done crayon resist and I saw it on StampTV too.

Becky said...

This is a beautiful butterfly, and I have not tried this technique yet.

Michelle Forrest said...

OMGosh Jennie this is stunning. Now, I might just have to break into my little one's crayon pieces and parts and try this out! Beautiful card!

Welcome to the group! I look forward to getting to know you better!

paige said...

I'm speechless! This is just too awesome for words!

Anonymous said...

ZG
批發

seo

網路行銷

Cathleen said...

Oh Wow! This is just stunning, beautiful colors and love the butterfly!

Kirstin said...

Beautiful! I love the colors and that background makes the butterfly pop! TFS!

Tina said...

Beautiful is what this card is the colors are wonderful!

Payne Holler Cards said...

so beautiful - love your colors! you know I'm "crayon resist" challenged but will try it again lol

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Just delightful...hope that comment above mine is nice!

JazzyH said...

Stunning!

specialcraftmom4 said...

Elegant card. I am loving that butterfly stamp (:

Unknown said...

ooooh....this is beautiful! i don't know what else to say - this is absolutely stunning!