Gina K. Designs Gallery

Monday, May 18, 2009

CAS: Lighthouse



I created this card for the color challenge on StampTV which was to use black, red and white. The new set Guiding Light from Gina K. arrived so I figured why not get the lighthouse stamp all inky :o) I did consider adding a lot of layers and such, but went clean and simple instead. I must say it was a bit liberating to not have to fill all of the space... just allow the image and verse to speak for itself. :o) I colored the image with Copics and the card base is Pure Luxury Heavy Weight White. I ended up paper piecing the houses next to the lighthouse because the red Copic got a little out of bounds around the windows so I had to cover up my little mistake :o)

Have a great day!

9 comments:

Leigh Ann Baird said...

This is an excellent CAS card! The image is lovely and stands alone well.

Anonymous said...

I love it. CAS cards are some of the very best!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

Terrific CAS card. The image is colored so wonderfully.

Melissa said...

this is beautiful. Excellent job with your coloring :)

Jaspere said...

This is so serene. Love it!

Unknown said...

Great card. I find lighthouses so enchanting!

Pat (mspfd) said...

This is stunning. Love your clean, uncluttered design.

Carmen said...

Love it ... clean and not overly done!! My fav!

Nicole said...

I used this same image and the sentiment on a sympathy card...it looks so different. I really love this set. Great job with it!