Gina K. Designs Gallery

Friday, March 27, 2009

InStyle Stamps Blog Hop



Today is a special day...the very first Blog Hop for InStyle Stamps and the Design Team has quite a bit to show! We were all challenged to use InStyle Stamp images to alter something and create a home decor item. I altered a tin I bought at Joanne's over a year ago. I covered it with designer paper and accented it with Groovy Guava Double Stitched ribbon. I am going to use it to hold bath products and this would also be a great gift idea too ...who doesn't enjoy a little Bath and Body Works products?
We all need a little pampering, right ? :o)

I stamped Sheree using Memento Black on Whisper White cardstock and then stamped it again on a piece designer paper to paper piece the tub. I colored the rest of the image with Copics. I also altered a tin candle with the matching designer paper and added a sentiment from another Polka Dots and Paisley (a retired SU set).



"Relax" was stamped using the Whimsical Alphabet and I popped it up on dimensionals. This came together very nicely and I am quite pleased :o) I added some foot cream and socks, because with warmer weather coming, the feet need extra pampering too. I am ready to get trade in the socks and shoes for flip flops!

The rest of the Design Team has some amazing projects to share so be sure to check them out! You will see a list of them on the right of my blog... I know that they have been busy creating and look forward to checking them out myself! We are asking everyone to vote on the projects by following this link---> HERE and the Design Team member with the most votes wins a prize, but that is not all...you can win something too! When you vote for your favorite, you will be entered into a drawing for a prize of your own. You can find out some more fun things over on the InStyle Stamps Forum. You can even enter to win the GRAND PRIZE by playing "Meet the DT Trivia." All you need to do is collect the answers to a list of questions about the DT and email your answers to instylebloghop@aol.com by 10pm EST to enter. How cool is that?

Meet the DT Trivia:

What is your favorite color combination for crafting? Pink and Brown

If you were stuck on a deserted island, and a box washed up on shore, what 5 craft supplies would you most want to find inside?
Ribbon, Brads, Designer paper, red Line Dimensionals, and Scor-Pal

What is your favorite coloring medium? Copics

What embellishment can you not live without? Ribbon

What are your hobbies (other than papercrafting)? Reading

What´s your favorite spring time activity? My son's Little League games

If you could visit any place in the world, where would you choose to go? Japan

When you were little, who was your favorite super hero and why? Superman, because he could fly anywhere he wanted to go and he had amazing strength

What is one item that you really should throw away, but probably never will? Designer Paper scraps

If you were an animal, what would you be? Black Bear

If you could have an endless supply of any food item, what would you get? Vegetable Lasagna

What is your favorite movie? Steel Magnolias

Who is your favorite actor/actress? Johnny Depp and Julia Roberts

Do you have a pet? If so, what do you have? A cat.

How did you first get introduced to stamping? A friend invited me to a Stampin' Up! workshop

Hope one of you win!!! Have a great day!

15 comments:

Risa said...

I LOVE your altered tin Jennie! Your image is beautiful and I love your embellishments. Super great job!
hugs
Risa:)

Anonymous said...

What a totally great idea! I love this stamp and it's so perfect for your bath set! Very creative!! :)

Bastelzauberin said...

Jennie your tin is so cute. I love the image.

hugs
Silke

Vicky said...

This adorable, Jennie! Great job!

Kim Dellow said...

Brilliant, that is really cool, Great idea. Kim

Maria said...

Wow, Jennie! Your altered project is fantastic. I love the pretty dp that you used for your container. Isn't it fun to alter projects. .it's one of my favorites!! Your gift box is such a wonderful gift to give to a girlfriend!!


Hope you have a fantastic weekend!!

Maria

Kim said...

Jennie this is AMAZING! You did a fabulous job hun! I love that...and if you are having a hard time finding a person to give it to you can always send it this way! Ha ha! Hope you have a fabulous weekend! I look forward to getting to know you more as we work together on the DT!
Hugs~ Kim

Angie Williams said...

This is a really really cute idea! Great job on the set!

Sandy said...

Your tin turned out fantastic, Jennie!! That's the perfect image for that wonderful stash of Bath & Body Works goodies.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful altered tin Jennie. I am sure anyone would love that as a prezzie!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jennie...I have done the blog hop...Saturday morning here and nothing much to do...like I was supposed to be doing the wedding cards bug hopping was more fun!

Jaspere said...

This is a perfect gift set. Well done. Its fabulous

Susan said...

This is toooo cute! Great job!

Kristin said...

Jennie, I love this!! It is awesome! You did a fab job and I love the little Q & A too :-)

Carmen said...

Awesome! What a lovely way to give a gift! Sounds like the blog hop was fun maybe I'll catch it the next time.