Gina K. Designs Gallery

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thankful Thursday Sketch Challenge



It is time for another Thankful Thursday sketch challenge and I have a fabulous sketch created from fellow Design Team member Maria Bell. Maria has some wonderful sketches on her blog that she created and they are a definite must see! This one goes all the way back to Jan/Feb of 2007 and there a ton of sketches for each month. I find that when I am stumped in designing a card, looking through sketches gets the "mojo" flowing. :o)



A favorite color combination is Ruby Red and River Rock. For the red layer, I used the SU scalloped edge punch, just adds a nice touch I think.  Suzie Q. was colored using Copics and I paper pieced her shirt to tie the card together with the dp. I also paper pieced her shopping bags as well. She is one classy shopper, I just love her shoes (who doesn't love red shoes, right!) :o)

As you can see from my card I veered a smidge from the sketch in the placement of the sentiment. It is a little higher than on the sketch, but that is what worked for me. So feel free to veer a little, but not too much :o)

If you want to play along, post your entry with a link to your creation by Wednesday, February 4th, before 11:59 PM (PST) on the InStyle Stamps blog Thankful Thursday post. The design team will look at all the entries and come up with their top 3, and Virginia will make the final decision. The winner will be announced the following day. You will have 48 hours to claim your prize. If the lucky winner hasn’t come forward after 48 hours, another winner will be selected.

If you upload your card to Splitcoast Stampers or Paper Craft Planet, please use the keyword ISSTT1-29 for ease in viewing.

Looking for more inspiration...check out what the other DT members came up with:
Maria
Shary

7 comments:

Jaspere said...

Cute card. I just love her outfit and will need to check out those sketches. I'm always on the lookout for a new sketch.

Sharon said...

Great sketch challenge Jennie and a great card. Lovely pinks.

Anonymous said...

Your card is sensational!

Maria said...

Wowee Jennie!! Your card is so pretty! I love your Suzy-Q. . .awesome job coloring the image. I love the embossed background and scalloped edge!! Beautiful colors too! Great job on the sketch challenge!!

Maria

Anonymous said...

She is gorgeous. Beautiful colours all pull the card tegether beautifully!

Kristin said...

I love the image and it is such a cute card! you always make such great cards :-)

Unknown said...

so mod! live the paper pieced blouse - very clever.