Gina K. Designs Gallery

Friday, October 31, 2008

Limelight Sketch



There is a great sketch challenge on the Limeight Papercrafts Blog this week. When I saw it, I just knew that I wanted to try it...as if I needed an excuse to use the new Basic Grey Wassail 6x6 pad. :o) I was wanting to make a card using Kraft cardstock, but decided to try it with my well stocked River Rock cardstock instead. It goes very nicely, with just a light greenish tint to it. I also used the ornament stamp from the clear Christmas Magic stamp set. I embossed the ornament with clear embossing powder (since SU doesn't make their In Colors in craft ink, I had to stamp it first in Versamark ink, then stamped it onto the Cranberry Crisp pad prior to stamping the image on paper). I still have some Cranberry grosgrain from over 2 years ago so used some of that on the ornament and card base as well. I am tickled with how this turned out and will add it to my Christmas card stash :o)

I also wanted to share real quick what my kids made last night...they carved three pumpkins. They did a good job and are quite proud of their design (they came up with the template themselves). Of course, the baby couldn't carve his yet, he thought he would gnaw on it instead :o))
Have a great day!





**Last little tidbit I promise :o)....I wanted to let you know that Ryann has some wonderful Blog Candy up for grabs on her blog... The Inked Spot

Stamps: Christmas Magic stamp set (LYB)
Cardstock: River Rock, Cranberry Crisp, VV and Basic Grey Wassail
Ink: River Rock, Cranberry Crisp, and Versamark
Accessories: Clear EP, Cranberry Stitched ribbon, Tag Corner Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, and Circle Punches

8 comments:

Lesly said...

I love your card. The baby is beautiful and your kids did a great job. Thank you for your comments on my classroom treats. The tins came from Walmart in the wedding section. I'm going to make Christmas ones as well.

JenMarie said...

What a great card! Glad you played along with us!
What a cutie!!

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful baby! Love what the kids did with the pumpkins. Great card.

Stampin' Meg said...

Such a pretty card and CUTE punkins!

Mandy said...

What a gorgeous card! I love how well the Wassail goes along with the Christmas Magic!! :) And what an adorable baby! He steals the show here! :)

Angie Williams said...

Wonderful card! I love Halloween too! Glad you had fun carving with the kids!

mylittlepaperaddiction said...

Cute card and even cuter baby!

Alison Anderson said...

Great card! I love the deep red!