Gina K. Designs Gallery

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Birthday Whimsy



My nephew turned 11 this past week so I needed to make a nice boy birthday card. He was born exactly 51 weeks after my daughter....I always thought that was kind of neat! I remember taking my daughter to the hospital to see her new cousin (shortly after he was born). She had been walking for almost two months and she so enjoyed walking all by herself down the hospital hallway to his and his mother's room. It is crazy, but I even remember the outfit she wore and the balloons she carried....The years go by so fast!

I came up with the color combination (Not Quite Navy, Old Olive and VV) using the Color Coach, which is great to use when I am having a mind block on what to colors to combine. The cake was stamped on VV using Not Quite Navy and I cut another one out and laid it on top to give it more dimension. A little bit of Diamond stickles on the candles and cake and it just popped. :o)) The desginer paper is Basic Grey Infuse and it goes wonderfully with these colors. Have a great day!

Stamps: Birthday Whimsy and For a Friend
Cardstock: Not Quite Navy, Old Olive, VV and Basic Grey Infuse
Ink: Not Quite Navy and Old Olive
Accessories: Cuttlebug Folder, Stickles, and Oval Punch

No comments: