Gina K. Designs Gallery

Friday, July 25, 2008

Noble Deer



I just had to order this stamp set before it retired. It is the perfect masculine stamp set. I have looked and looked in the SCS Gallery at this set over the years and never did break down and get it until just recently. Once it was on the retirement list, I knew I had to snag it before it went to Ebay (and possibly be out of my price range there!).

I made this for my father-in-law who turned 70 yesterday. I couldn't believe he was 70 already, and honestly his birthday crept up on me so he will get this a little bit late. The Lord has blessed him in many ways and especially given him the grace to continue each day since his wife passed away last October from a year long battle with cancer. On that note, Gina K. has a stamp set (by designer Asela Hopkins) that was released last night and $4.00 from each stamp set will be donated to the American Cancer Society until the end of August. I know I am going to order it myself.... Just yesterday I learned a mother from my son's All-Star team was diagnosed with breast cancer, she is only in her early 30's. So many people I know have been touched by this disease and I pray a cure is found soon.

No comments: