Gina K. Designs Gallery

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Bloomin' Beautiful



I made this for the Color Challenge on SCS. The image was colored using a watercolor brush and reinkers (Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi and River Rock). It is a nice way to color without having the lines from the SU Markers. This is my version of coloring when not using my WWC. The edges were lightly sponged in River Rock and I used the Ticket Corner Punch on the corners of the WW and River Rock layers. Finally, the Groovy Guava layer was put through the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots folder and lightly sponged with Groovy Guava ink.

All in all it came together nicely and I am so glad I bought extra In Color cardstock to have on hand. I did not like the color Groovy Guava at all when it came out and now after a full year, I am sad to see it retire. I know people say we will like the new In Colors just as much, but I so love these! Even more so than the 2007 colors.

So obviously I haven't gotten much done today ;o) I did manage to get a Pot Roast put together (yes, in the crock pot, but it still counts!) And my baby has needed lots of attention today so it would have been hard to clean today anyways! Oh-well, as Scarlet O'Hara said, "Tomorrow is another day!" :o))))
Have a great rest of the day!

1 comment:

Michelle W. said...

I really like the card you made for the color challenge. It is always neat to see the way different people make such different things with the same color challenge. I like coloring with reinkers too. However, I find that even when I use Stazon the black runs. Sometimes it takes a few weeks and it blurs the image. How do you keep it from running? Thanks!