Gina K. Designs Gallery

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Take Me Out to the Ballgame



This is a special card I made for our oldest son who turns 9 years old today. The years have gone by so fast and I am so thankful to the Lord for blessing us with him. As you can probably put together from the card, he is quite interested in baseball.

This card uses the stamp set Take Me Out to the Ballgame that retired several years ago. Now I am afraid it is harder to find (which often happens to "themed" retired sets). This one was given to me by a dear friend and I know (with my family) it will be used often in the years to come. I love realistic looking stamps and have used this set for cards, scrapbooking and name frames. I am trying to more carefully consider my personal stamp purchases because I want them to be more versatile than just using them for making cards (and this set would certainly fit in that category).

For this card I used some scrapbook paper I found at Hobby Lobby for my background. These colors match up with my sons baseball uniform (which was quite accidental), but an added bonus!

Have a great day and Happy Stampin'!

Recipe:
Stamps: Take Me Out to the Ballgame, Whimsical Numbers and Birthday Whimsy
Cardstock: Real Red, Going Gray and Basic Black
Ink: Real Red
Accessories: Circle Punches, Paper Piercer and Stampin' Dimensionals

No comments: