Gina K. Designs Gallery

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Cupcake



This week on SCS they had a very interesting sketch challenge, that is where the layout came from for this card. I wanted to make it easy on myself and thought I would just use designer paper and punch out two different sizes of squares and alternate the design of the designer paper. I doodled around the edges to distract a bit from the stark white background, I think it works :o)

Obviously, I am still using the clear cupcake stamps I bought from Hobby Lobby to make cards for my daughter and thought this would be the perfect card for her. She loves the color pink and even has a piano book I made her that matches this paper, so I know she will love it.

This card is a 4.25 inch square card, a bit smaller than the standard card I usually make, but it will still work in the regular invitation sized envelope. I really like this size of card and the true squareness of it!

Recipe:
Stamps: Birthday Cupcake by Inkadinkado
Cardstock: Regal Rose, Wild Wasabi, Whisper White and designer paper Brooke Narr Paisley and Brooke Narr Stripe
Ink: Staz On Black and Regal Rose (marker)
Accessories: Heart Brads, Stampin' Dimensionals and Regal Rose marker

No comments: